Thursday, January 6, 2011

Sunflowers and Seashells is Here!

Guess what came in the mail today?!?
SUNFLOWERS AND SEASHELLS... the book my poem got published in! It's finally here! I'm finally officially published, and let me tell you, it feels good. :)

Thanks to Eber and Wein for the poetry contest and the chance to be included in this anthology! Totally made my year :)

Congrats to everyone else that are featured in Sunflowers and Seashells, especially all those that actually won prizes! There are some awesome poems in there.

So, my mom and I are as sick as dogs with colds and no voices to speak of, so when I opened the package, I "screamed" in excitement but it sounded like a tiny half-hearted squeak. We laughed for a while. Then I hiccuped and was in excruciating pain for a minute, which made me laugh harder.

The box that it came in!



PAGE 298, "Inside Out" by Holly Empey, Oceanside CA!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I'm not sure if you will ever see this, but it's worth a shot. Congrats on being published! I have been published too! So, I'm applying for colleges this year and I just wanted to have proof that I actually was published so I was wondering if you could take a picture, similar to the one above, but of my poem? It's on page 204. It's called the "playground" If you read this an wanna help me out can you email the picture to me at anushka_pinto@hotmail.com. thanks a million!

    ReplyDelete